Home The Chancel Home

From the West Gallery Pre-1951
when the choir and organ were in the chancel

Church from West Gallery Pre 1951

The same view now

Church from West Gallery 2003
During the 1951 changes, the war-damaged East Window was replaced, the pulpit gained a suspended sounding-board and the space once occupied by the organ became the Seaman's Chapel.

The marble reredos altar screen was removed, the 10-commandments boards restored on both sides of the window, and the choir stalls moved into the modified West gallery.
Chancel ceiling

Post 1951 chancel ceiling representing The Trinity